26 July 2016

What to Pair with a Picnic Skirt

orange gingham

I adore this skirt but it's a little difficult for me to find things to pair with it - I almost always wear it with blue. I think I may try green or grey next, but it's difficult to veer away from a color pairing that just seems to work (and this top - I think I've worn this skirt a handful of times already and almost every time with this top). If any of your stylish ladies out there have suggestions, I've love to hear them - thanks!

orange gingham orange gingham

Top: Anthropologie (sim, sim on sale)
Skirt: Boden (worn before - sim under $30, sim in pink under $15)
Necklace: Anthropologie monogram pendant (same in silver)
Bracelets: J.Crew (sim), c/o INPINK (sim, sim under $50)
Ring: INPINK (sim, sim silver under $15)
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff isobel tasseled (worn before - same patchwork, sim, sim under $100)
Shoes: Sam Edelman trina (sim under $50, sim higher heel)

orange gingham

orange gingham

9 comments:

  1. This skirt is the cutest, love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the blue and white version of this skirt but yes, I too find it hard to pair with anything other than white or blue! I've done grey, white, navy, white and navy breton stripes... Oh and a ditsy patterned coral top with a yellow bag last summer.

    With this orange one I'd go black for a real contrast, white as it's obvious. Navy and white breton stripes? Can you try a pillar box red even?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A ditsy patterned top would be fun a good change from the solids that I normally think about for this top. I have the blue version of this skirt too and kind of have the same problem with it but I will try some of your ideas, thanks, Louise!

      Delete
  3. I love this skirt and see it from time to time on eBay but it would never be long enough for my 5'10 self. I'm not a crazy person but I did scroll your ig account for inspiration :). You could wear it with that adorable scooter top, the white top with navy embroidery and Pom poms, and the spotty top from Boden. I also think it would look adorable with pink gingham and I love pink and orange together. Oh, and turquoise with cognac accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Liz! Yeah I actually got this skirt in the tall version since it's supposed to be a mini and I'm only 5'2"!
      I appreciate your ideas, thanks so much, I am going to play around this weekend and try for some not-as-obvious pairings!

      Delete
  4. I love yellow and orange together, especially if you have a yellow that's bright enough to stand out from the white in the skirt and not get muddled with the orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a bold sunny yellow, right? Thanks for the idea, Sally - I need to do some closet digging and see what I have that may work!

      Delete
    2. I was going to recommend the same color too - a nice yellow would pair really well!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting, please leave a comment if you like!
(Spammers will be deleted - sorry).